The Face of Birth – give us the big picture on the importance of how, where and with whom we give birth. Through the diverse and beautiful stories of five women who choose to birth at home, it examines the issues of choice, safety, and empowerment, as well as rising rates of intervention, caesarean surgery and their cost.
This is a film about families that choose to give birth at home, the midwives and health professionals who support them, and a system that works against them.
Featuring over 87 minutes of content, this film is a must-see for anyone expecting a baby, birth professionals or people who just love a good birth story.
Birth Stories features
• In-depth interviews with some of the worlds leading childbirth experts
• Topics including homebirth, VBAC, Breech, intervention, Caesarean section
• Sheila Kitzinger, Michel Odent, Hannah Dahlen, Rhea Dempsey
• Ina May Gaskin, Robbie Davis-Floyd, Richard Porter, Sally Tracy
• Interactive DVD with over 100 topics to choose from
• Easy to use menu system
• Over 87 mins of content
Origin: Australia 2012
Length: 230 minutes