The sixth edition of this best-selling resource for parent education programs Preparing for Birth Mothers offers the most comprehensive set of background notes available. A complete guide for pregnancy, labour, birth and the first weeks following birth. Our newest edition is perfect for any expectant parent as a stand-alone, evidence-based and concise book.Every pregnant woman should read this book!
- How can I stay healthy during pregnancy?
- What should I expect during my labour and birth?
- What do I need to know about caring for my baby?
With so much information out there, it can be confusing. We’ve put together Preparing for Birth Mothers as a simple, concise guide to pregnancy, birth and your new baby. This book emphasises your involvement in birth and your active participation in labour. Many women want to be free to give birth using their ability and resources rather than being a passive recipient of maternity care. You will only give birth to your baby once. Take your time to enjoy the discoveries of pregnancy and the richness that birth can bring to your life.
Preparing for Birth Mothers looks at:
- keeping healthy in pregnancy
- preparing for birth and parenting
- how to keep your baby safe
- the different stages of labour and birth
- exploring the unexpected
- newborn care
- feeding your baby
- facing the challenges in the first few weeks following birth
With 166 full-colour images, concise text, all aspects of pregnancy, labour, birth, positions, self-help techniques, early breastfeeding and postnatal recovery are covered, including a detailed guide to obstetric medications and interventions. This edition includes revised information on nutrition, medical care in pregnancy, waterbirth, emergency birth, postnatal care of the newborn and contraception.This is one best-selling book on birth in Australia for many years – over 500,000 copies have been sold.
- 166 full-colour images
- Length: 80 pages
- Published: Australia 2021
Preparing for Birth Mothers Volume Discounts
- 10 + for $ 9.00 each and save 10%
- 50 + for $ 8.00 each and save 20%
- 100 + for $ 7.00 each and save 30%
Check out the reference list used in the creation of this book