Your complete guide to having a healthy, happy pregnancy. This updated and expanded third edition of Pregnancy For Dummies offers mothers-to-be practical advice and expert guidance on every stage of their pregnancy — and beyond!
This is the Australian and New Zealand Edition!
Understand what’s happening with your baby and your body, and be guided through what to expect from labour, birth and becoming a new parent.
- Follow your baby’s development — understand the changes you and your baby go through during all three trimesters
- Research your birth options — make informed choices that best suit your needs
- Care for your baby before birth — eat well and keep active during pregnancy
- Prepare for the birth of your baby — know what happens before, during and after labour
- Look after your newborn — find advice on breastfeeding and bringing your baby home
- Keep up with current issues —identify issues facing mothers today, such as returning to work or having children later in life
- Get expert advice on special situations — meet the challenges of multiple births, problems during pregnancy or miscarriage
Open the book and find:
- Ways to increase your chances of getting pregnant
- Clear illustrations of how the body changes during pregnancy
- Advice for managing pre-existing conditions during pregnancy
- Discussion about complementary and alternative therapies
- Simple explanations of your birth options
- Information about parental leave entitlements
- Websites to access further support
About the Author
Jane Palmer is a highly respected, privately practising midwife in Sydney. She manages her company Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond and provides midwifery, childbirth education and lactation services. For over 20 years, she has supported women and their families from preconception to the year following birth. As one of the first Medicare-eligible midwives in Australia, she provides midwifery care in collaboration with the group practice Midwives @ Sydney and Beyond, caring for women planning to give birth at home, hospital or in a birth centre. Being passionate about breastfeeding, she became an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant in 2008. She actively campaigns for the improvement in maternity care and maintains the popular website www.pregnancy.com.au. Jane is the mother of three children — Joshua, Jarred and Lia — and is grandmother to Dakota. She enjoys family life, writing and travelling.