Opsite IV3000 is a moisture-responsive transparent film dressing designed to fixate catheters and dry the tube site. With 1 Hand Securing Wings, it is easy to use and helps to minimise the risk of infection.
Independent clinical experts have proven that Opsite IV3000 with securing wings offers safe, secure, and cost-effective catheter fixation and believe it to be a technological advance for IV site care. A 1-hand delivery system is now available for additional security and a quick and easy aseptic application.
Opsite IV3000 Features:
- Moisture-responsive film with high moisture vapour transmission rate.
- Grid Pattern Adhesive
- Transparent and conformable
- Hand delivery system
- Special design and construction for additional security
- 2x securing strips (Codes 4006 and 66004009)
- 1x Date and Inserter Label (Codes 4066 and 66004009)
Benefits of Opsite IV3000 Securing Wings
- This prevents moisture accumulation underneath the dressing, reducing the risk of germ growth and catheter-related infection.
- Reduces the need for unscheduled dressing changes.
- The higher permeability of IV3000 keeps the skin drier, improves dressing adherence and reduces the number of unscheduled dressing changes.
- IV3000 is kind to the sick person’s skin. Its low allergy sticky and highly permeable Reactic film helps prevent skin maceration or irritation and improves patient comfort.
- Our IV3000 film is designed to provide secure fixation, allowing the patient to move freely, ensuring maximum comfort.
- IV3000 is translucent and allows regular inspection of the catheter insertion site for signs of infection or phlebitis without needing dressing removal.
- IV3000 is waterproof and allows the patient to bathe or shower with the dressing in situ.
- The 1-Hand delivery system allows the dressing to be placed accurately over the bulky ported tube, providing quick, easy, aseptic application. This dressing allows for one-handed application, leaving the other hand free to fix the patient or catheter. The unique sticky grid pattern makes removing it more accessible and reduces the risk of skin trauma and residue.
Contraindications / Precautions:
IV3000 should be used on IV sites only. OpSite* Flexigrid* is the suggested film dressing for treating open wounds like pressure sores, burns, or donor sites. You can use it on prepared dry skin only. Do not use IV3000 1-Hand dressings with alcohol-containing products.
#Registered Trademark? Trademark of Smith & Nephew **Licensed to Smith & Nephew – This information is only for Australian healthcare professionals.