Hand Woven Rebozo is a traditional Mexican Shawl that is long enough to wrap around a woman’s body and can be used in pregnancy and labour by midwives, doulas and support to encourage the baby into an optional position to provide the woman comfort. Hand Woven Rebozos can be used to carry babies after birth. Please remember that these rebozos vary slightly in size and colour due to their handmade nature.
Hand Woven Rebozos can be used for many different things, including:
- As a fashion item
- Help turn a posterior baby during pregnancy or labour to encourage optimal fetal positioning. When used by a midwife, doula or support person, the rebozo acts like an extension of their arms. It allows the labouring mother’s weight to be supported
- Post birth, the Rebozo shawl can be used as a baby carrier
- The rebozo is made from 100% pure cotton
- The rebozos wear very well and get softer with washing
- Measurements are 67x 266cm
- Washing instructions: Wash separately in cold water and hang to dry.
These Rebozos are sourced from a small community in Laos, where they are hand woven by women. The rebozos are made in traditional Lao designs and colours. The women weave these on a lap loom, a labour-intensive process. The sale of every Rebozo made helps their community and families with basic living expenses and supports Fair Trade, traditional handiwork by women for women.
There are no reviews yet.