The Croyde Birthing Couch’s innovative design supports active and natural childbirth, helping women find their most comfortable positions during labour and birth. The Croyde Birthing Couch can be used as a full-length couch, folded over and used to support standing labour or used as a seat, and is ideal as a double bed for post-natal resting. Double covered in high quality, medical-grade, breathable fabric is resistant to fluid ingress, easy to clean and compatible with hospital wipes and chlorine-based cleaning solutions. Croyde Birthing Couch includes a couch with folding capability, positioning wedge, kneeling mat and transport base with handles.
Croyde Birthing Couch Benefits
- Helping women find their most comfortable position during labour and birth.
- Ideal as a full-length couch, a seat, and as a queen-sized double bed for comfortable resting
- Easy to clean.
- Visco-elastic memory foam topper to further enhance comfort levels
- Covering is a high quality, medical-grade fabric. It is waterproof, two-way stretch and breathable for maximum performance.
- The covers’ light underside makes internal inspection easy, and all zips are water repellent and protected by double waterfall flaps.
- The PU taping is monolithically bonded into the material during the manufacturing process to make the fabric seamless and one piece. Taping gives the fabric extra strength and durability to resist fluid ingress further
- The cleaning process is simple and ergonomically friendly, with most cleaning being carried out at waist height to reduce bending and twisting tasks.
Set-Up and Ergonomics
Supplied with a transport base & handles, the Croyde Birthing Couch is easy to move within the room. Set up can be done by one person and is ergonomically friendly with minimal lifting required.
Double Bed Configuration
Insert the positioning wedge into the base of the couch to create a queen size double bed for spacious postnatal resting or sleeping. The surface of the couch also maximizes comfort and immersion through its visco-elastic memory foam topper.
The Croyde Birthing Couch is covered with two high quality, medical-grade fabrics. One internal cover protecting the foam and one external cover encasing them both. Both covers are waterproof, two-way stretch and breathable for maximum performance and comfort.
The couch has zips to allow internal inspection and all zips are water repellent and protected by double waterfall flaps to repel fluids. The light underside of the covers also makes internal inspection easy.
The PU taping on the seams give the fabric extra strength and durability to further resist fluid Ingres, even under intense strain. The taping is monolithically bonded into the material during the manufacturing process to make the fabric seamless and one piece for ease of cleaning.
- In its folded position, the couch takes up just 1m * 1.22m for easy storage and deployment when required. In larger rooms, it can be kept in the same room as the bed and brought into use to support active positioning as the first objective
- Supplied with a transport base & handles, the Croyde Birthing Couch is easy to move within the room. Set up can be done by one person and is ergonomically friendly with minimal lifting required
- The Croyde Birthing Couch is just 1.22m x 1m in its folded position with 86cm height.
- Unfolded it is 1.22m x 2m with 43cm height. The folded position frees up valuable room space when not in use.