Introducing the brand new, latest design in Pool technology. Birth Pool in a Box Mini Regular with liner made with Eco-friendly material. The new material in the Eco pool does not have additives that have been linked to harming animals and people.
- One disposable liner is included and additional liners are available. Using a liner also means two “containers” for the water, giving added protection against water leaks and makes cleaning up a snap – removing a distraction after the arrival of your new baby.
- Deep enough to give bouyancy without compromising midwife support. The minimum recommended depth of water to provide bouyancy for a mother in labour is 45cm (Source: The Waterbirth Book by Janet Balaskas). New birth pool in a box Mini has an internal depth of 66cm.
- New top handles added for control Mothers asked for a means to control their movements while floating and some wanted additional gripping points.
- Three independent chambers for improved safety. The sides of birth pool in a box are made of 3 independent tubular chambers stacked on top of each other. If one of them should puncture by accident, only 1/3 of the wall height will be lost.
- It is welcoming and the inflated sides are comfortable to rest upon. This is conducive to your relaxation which will enhance the production of the hormone oxytocin, speeding up your labour.
- Sturdy enough for birth partner and midwives to support from any position. Once the pool is filled, the sides are sturdy enough for a 15 stone (95.5kg) person to sit on the side without collapsing it. If your partner plans to join you in the pool, we recommend the regular size.
- Every single pool is inflated and left for 8 hours before testing and packing. Then 5-10% are randomly tested by independent inspectors. That means structural integrity you can depend on.
- Fast to inflate and fill with any air hand pump or electric pump, comes with standard fittings.
Water filling time depends on your hot-water system. This Regular pool holds the equivalent of approximately 4 bathtubs of water.
- Designed with purpose Birth Pool In A Box is designed with safety, practicality, comfort and resilience in mind.
Birth Pool in a Box Design
A Fitted disposable liner – Midwives advised that a new liner for the birth was a necessity from a hygiene perspective, while allowing for mothers who wanted to do trial-runs to do them. The liner also acts as a redundant container for the water in the pool and makes cleaning up simpler. The pool comes with one liner and additional liners are available as extras.
B Adjustable height – Midwives said that some mothers needed lower sides for ease of entry and exit. Just release some air from the middle chamber and top up the other two for a stable pool with lower sides.
C Double-reinforced top handles – Mothers asked for handles here to give them control over their movement in the water. They are also useful for gripping during contractions and to hold onto while getting in the pool.
D Soft 2″ high floor chamber – Mothers wanted extra comfort on the pool floor. Any higher reduces water depth.
E. No drain plug – Midwives and mothers agreed that a drain plug was an unnecessary weak link in a birthing pool.
F. Choice of two sizes – Some mothers had limited room space, some wanted their partners to join them and some wanted as much freedom as possible in the pool. So we made the pool in Regular and Mini sizes.
G Three separate chambers – This is safer than a single chamber in the event of an accidental puncture in the pool walls.
H Opaque external wall – Mothers unanimously agreed that the opaque external wall increased their sense of privacy.
I Egg-shape – Some mothers wanted to be cosseted while others wanted space, so we made the pool narrower at one end and wider at the other.
J Double-reinforced handles – Mothers requested these strong handles on the outside of the pool (2 sets, uniquely positioned) for use when leaning over the side. They are angled at 30 degrees for maximum comfort.
K Tested for quality, durability and stability – Each pool is factory tested to ensure that it has no defects and then 5-10% are randomly sampled and tested again by independent inspectors. The sides are strong enough to allow a 15-stone person to sit or lean on them.
L Plain blue rim – Mothers said they wanted a clear space to rest their heads with no distracting text or images.
M No internal handles – Midwives and mothers agreed that internal handles might obstruct full movement and prevent effective use of a liner.
N No rough edges – Mothers requested that seams be smooth where they rest their heads.
O Clear inside wall – Mothers liked the perception of larger space created by having a clear inner wall.
P Space for partner – The Regular pool has space for your partner should they want to catch your newborn as he or she emerges.
Q White floor – Midwives requested a white floor to enhance visibility.
R Internal seat – Mothers requested a comfortable place to sit while they bonded with their newborn.
Choosing the Right Size
Birth Pool in a Box comparison[supsystic-tables id=’5′]
|Feature||The Mini||The Regular|
|External dimensions||65″ x 57″ – 165 x 145cm||76″ 65″ – 193 x 165cm|
|Internal dimensions||45″ x 37″ – 114 x 94cm||56″ x 45″ – 142 x 114cm|
|Internal Height||26″ – 66cm||27″ – 69cm|
|Depth of Water||Min 18″ – 45cm
Max 22″ – 55cm
|Min 18″ – 45cm
Max 23″ – 58cm
|Rim Width||10″ – 25cm||10″ – 25cm|
|Inflated Floor||2″ – 5cm||2″ – 5cm|
|Integrated Cup Holder||Yes||Yes|
|Disposable Liner||not included
liners available separately
liners available separately
|Pool Material||0.38mm Eco PVC
Cadmium, Lead and Latex free
|Liner Material||0.20mm Eco PVC
Cadmium, Lead and Latex free
|Recommended Max Height of Mother||Up to 182cm||no limit|
|Room for Partner||No||Yes|
|Volume of Water (80% Full)||480 litres||650 litres|
|Weight when Filled||487kg plus mother||659kg plus mother|