A totally new way of exploring the story of birth! This set of magnetic panels will enable educators to present the birth journey in a logical, exciting and flexible way. Three different kinds of labours are depicted (normal physiological pattern, occipito-posterior pattern and induction). The panels can be linked togther to give an overview then separated to explore in turn, the issues relevant to various points in the labour. Ideal for visual and kinaesthetic learners and also those who need a linear reminder of the labour process.
Five sets of magnets (106 in total) are included that are used to develop the main themes of the birth story:
- What is happening in the woman’s body
- Her emotional and physical responses during labour
- Self-help strategies for all stages of labour
- The role of the support team (including the father, friends, midwives and others)
- Complications that can occur
A comprehnesive booklet in included that explains how to use the panels, plus three teaching variations for use within groups. This unique visual aid provides the foundation for the entire theme of labour and birth. Fully laminated for durability and easy cleaning. Each panel is standard A2 size (420mm x 594mm)