Thank you for visiting the Birth International website. This statement outlines our privacy policies, which are designed to protect your information and ensure security.
Personal information you provide to us
Personal information about visitors to our site is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or inquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia
We may ask you to provide some personal details when taking the following actions:
- create an account
- ordering products
- registering for workshops or events
- filling in a form
- communicate with us from a 3rd party social media site
- joining the Birth International eNewsletter
- requesting customer support
- request a quote
We use this information to process your request, or to contact you in the case of an issue arising. This information cannot be used or modified by unauthorised parties.
The types of information we may collect includes
- identifiers, such as your full name, phone number, email address, postal mail address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address
- commercial information, such as records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- professional or employment-related information such as company name, company payment information, and business contact information (e.g., business phone number, address, or email)
- any other information you choose to provide
Information about your use of the services
We collect information about your use of the Services, such as the ways in which you use our platform, the way you respond to us when we send you emails or communications or your preferences when you interact with our Services.
Information we collect automatically when you use the services
When you access or use our services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, your general location and the page you visited before navigating to our services.
- Transactional Information: When you make a purchase, we collect information about the transaction, such as purchase details, purchase price, and date and location of the transaction. We or a designated third party may collect payment and credit card information when you subscribe to our paid services or purchase additional services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
Information we derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address. We may also infer information about your email and contact preferences based on how you respond to our communications with you, what information you find helpful, and what type of communication language most resonates with you.
Information we collect from other sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to social media sites, credit bureaus, data enrichment providers, fraud prevention vendors and partners, and publicly available sources. Additionally, if you create or log into your account through a third-party site, we may have access to certain information from that site, which could include information such as your name, account information, and other information you make available, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such third-party site.
Should you choose to connect to us via our eNewsletter you can opt out at any time. Each newsletter contains a link to unsubscribe.
While we do monitor the overall usage of our site, this does not identify individual users. This usage information allows us to determine the most popular areas of our site, and to further improve the site accordingly.
We respect your privacy, and the personal details you provide are kept in strictest confidence. We will not provide your details to any third parties without your prior consent.
Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services.
We take every precaution to protect your information, especially any credit card details you may enter. Whenever you submit sensitive information via our website, it is protected via encryption.
This encryption means that it is impossible for anyone other than ourselves to read the information you enter into forms Your browser will display a ‘lock’ icon on a secure page. Credit card transactions meets PCI DSS standards
Credit card details
We do not store your credit card details on our website. This means that even if our security is breached, there is nothing to steal, and your credit card details remain safe.
From time to time, we may contact you (via either email or postal mail), to inform you of important news, or new products and services. If you no longer wish to receive these messages, please send us a message, and we will remove your name from our contact lists.
Access to Information
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
How to request your data is deleted from our systems
If, at any time, you wish to update or delete your information from Birth International’s systems – please send a formal request through our contact form. Birth International will endeavour to action your request within 30 days.
If you wish to speak to us in person about data deletion, please phone +61 2 9630 5357 (Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm AEST).
For further information on our privacy policies, please contact us.
To read more about privacy issues and legislation in Australia, please visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.gov.au.