We have a big year planned. We are back offering workshops in Melbourne, Brisbane, and Sydney. Online options are also available. Book more than one workshop and receive a discount.
- Book 2 workshops and receive 10% off – Coupon Code: WSHOP2
- Book 3 workshops and receive 15% off – Coupon Code: WSHOP3
- This event has passed.
Your Private Practice Getting it Right Workshop Brisbane September 2022
15th September 2022 at 9:00 am - 4:30 pm$210.00 – $250.00
Your Private Practice Getting it Right Workshop Brisbane September 2022 is a full day of invaluable information. Ideal for midwives in private practice or aiming to become a private midwife. Additionally, this workshop will help any maternity health professional wanting to start or improve a private practice. We encourage you to attend this workshop in person to get the most out of the day. But if this isn’t possible we have the option of attending via Zoom.
Your Private Practice Getting it Right Workshop Brisbane September 2022 Covers
- The nuts and bolts of setting a practice
- Skills needed for private practice
- Successful running of the practice
- Planning for the future.
You will take home a comprehensive resource portfolio to help you start and run a private practice.
Who Will Benefit from this Workshop?
Primarily midwives wanting to enter or improve their private practice will benefit from Your Private Practice Getting it Right Workshop. Midwives have an unprecedented opportunity to work in private practice providing one-to-one midwifery care to women and their families. Consequently, midwives can practice to the full scope of their skills in private midwifery practice. And another advantage is midwifery is covered by PI insurance (except for homebirth). As a result, women benefit from increased continuity of midwifery care. Additionally, women have the benefit of accessing Medicare and health fund rebates.
However, all maternity care professions will find this workshop valuable. The following health professionals are encouraged to attend:
- Lactation Consultants
- Birth and Parenting Educators
- Early Childhood Nurses
Your Private Practice Getting it Right Workshop Brisbane September 2022 will enable participants to:
- Explore key aspects of setting up and running a private practice
- Examine different models of care
- Explore business plan development
- Increase confidence to enter private practice
- Take home a comprehensive resource portfolio valuable for private practice
- Discover marketing opportunities
Continuing Professional Development Points
Download our full Your Private Practice Getting it Right Workshop program here FULL PROGRAM PDF
Learn more about our facilitator Jane Palmer
The cost for this comprehensive workshop is $250. Workshop cost includes morning tea, afternoon tea, workshop folders and notes. Another bonus is student and group discounts are available. For further information please email or phone us on (02) 9630 5357 for details.
$40 off if you pay before 28th July 2022.
Here are the dates of the Your Private Practice Getting it Right Workshop for 2022
- ONLINE: 3 x 2-hour sessions (24th May, 31st May, 7th June)
- Sydney (you have the option to join via Zoom): Sunday 17th July
- Brisbane (you have the option to join via Zoom): Thursday 15th September
- Melbourne (you have the option to join via Zoom): Wednesday 16th November
- ONLINE: 3 x 2-hour sessions (28th November, 5th December, 12th December)
Please note that the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic may cause the workshop’s cancellation at the last minute. If this occurs, you will be given a full refund or transfer to another workshop (whichever you prefer). If travelling to the workshop, we recommend purchasing travel insurance to cover any out of pocket expenses. Please note that some venues may require a vaccination certificate.
Workshop numbers are limited.