Your Private Practice Getting it Right Module Two Nuts and Bolts of Setting up Your Practice ONLINE
22nd November 2021 at 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Your Private Practice Getting it Right Module Two Nuts and Bolts of Setting up Your Practice ONLINE is packed full of valuable information. Ideal for midwives in private practice or aiming to become a private midwife. Additionally, this workshop will help any maternity health professional wanting to start or improve a private practice.
Module two forms the second part of the three-part ONLINE series. You can now attend our popular Your Private Practice Getting It Right workshop in a three-part ONLINE series.
Aims of Your Private Practice Getting it Right Module Two Nuts and Bolts of Setting up Your Practice
By attending Your Private Practice Getting it Right Module Two nuts and Bolts of Setting up Your Practice you will:
- Know how to structure a private midwifery practice
- Discover the equipment needed for private practice and where to purchase
- Understand the Nursing and Midwifery Board Requirements
- Learn about the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) items and Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- Review the law and private practice
- Understand regulations about keeping and storing health records
- Analyze how to set a realistic fee
- Explore ways to set up collaborative relationships
- List different services you can provide
- Review options for sterilising equipment
On completion of all three modules, you will take home a comprehensive resource portfolio to help you start and run a private practice. The modules include:
- Module One Business 101 ONLINE
- Module Two Nuts and Bolts of Setting up Your Practice ONLINE
- Module Three Skills, Marketing, and Contingency Planning ONLINE
Who Will Benefit from this Workshop?
Primarily midwives wanting to enter or improve their private practice will benefit from Your Private Practice Getting it Right Workshop. Midwives have an unprecedented opportunity to work in private practice providing one-to-one midwifery care to women and their families. Consequently, midwives can practice to the full scope of their skills in private midwifery practice. And another advantage is midwifery is covered by PI insurance (except for homebirth). As a result, women benefit from increased continuity of midwifery care. Additionally, women have the benefit of accessing Medicare and health fund rebates.
However, all maternity care professions will find this workshop valuable. The following health professionals are encouraged to attend:
- Lactation Consultants
- Birth and Parenting Educators
- Early Childhood Nurses
Continuing Professional Development Points on completion of the three modules of Your Private Practice Getting it Right
Download our full Your Private Practice Getting it Right Workshop program here PROGRAM PDF
Learn more about our facilitator Jane Palmer
The cost for this workshop is $84. Another bonus is student and group discounts are available. For further information please email or phone us on (02) 9630 5357 for details.
$14 off if you pay before 4th October 2021
Here are our dates of Your Private Practice Getting it Right Workshop for 2021
- ONLINE: 3 x 2-hour sessions (9th April, 16th April, 23rd April)
- Melbourne (you have the option to join via Zoom): 24th June
- Brisbane (you have the option to join via Zoom): 14th July
- Sydney (you have the option to join via Zoom): Saturday 17th October
- ONLINE: 3 x 2-hour sessions (15th November, 22nd November, 29th November)
Workshop numbers limited.