We have a big year planned. We are back offering workshops in Melbourne, Brisbane, and Sydney. Online options are also available. Book more than one workshop and receive a discount.
- Book 2 workshops and receive 10% off – Coupon Code: WSHOP2
- Book 3 workshops and receive 15% off – Coupon Code: WSHOP3
- This event has passed.
Your Private Practice Getting it Right Module One Business 101 ONLINE (MAR-APR)
20th March 2023 at 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$70.00 – $84.00
Your Private Practice Getting it Right Module One Business 101 ONLINE is packed full of valuable information. Ideal for midwives in private practice or aiming to become a private midwife. Additionally, this workshop will help any maternity health professional wanting to start or improve a private practice.
Module one forms the first part of our three-part ONLINE series. You can now attend our popular Your Private Practice Getting It Right workshop in a three-part ONLINE series.
Aims of Your Private Practice Getting it Right Module One Business 101
By attending Your Private Practice Getting it Right Module One Business 101, you will:
- Discover key aspects of setting up a private practice
- Explore business plan development
- Understand how to register a business
- Identify available business training and resources
- Investigate different types of accounting systems
- Know how to apply for an ABN and what are the GST/tax requirements
- Learn about the insurances needed for private practice
- Increase your confidence to enter private practice
After completing all three modules, you will take home a comprehensive resource portfolio to help you start and run a private practice. The modules include:
- Module One Business 101 ONLINE
- Module Two Nuts and Bolts of Setting up Your Practice ONLINE
- Module Three Skills, Marketing, and Contingency Planning ONLINE
Who Will Benefit from this Workshop?
Primarily midwives wanting to enter or improve their private practice will benefit from Your Private Practice Getting it Right Workshop. Midwives have an unprecedented opportunity to work in private practice providing one-to-one midwifery care to women and their families. Consequently, midwives can practice to the full scope of their skills in private midwifery practice. And another advantage is midwifery is covered by PI insurance (except for homebirth). As a result, women benefit from increased continuity of midwifery care. Additionally, women have the benefit of accessing Medicare and health fund rebates.
However, all maternity care professionals will find this workshop valuable. The following health professionals are encouraged to attend:
- Lactation Consultants
- Birth and Parenting Educators
- Early Childhood Nurses
Continuing Professional Development Points on completion of the three modules of Your Private Practice Getting it Right
Download our full Your Private Practice Getting it Right Workshop program here PROGRAM PDF
Learn more about our facilitator Jane Palmer
The cost for this workshop is $84. Another bonus is student and group discounts are available. For further information, please email or phone us on (02) 9630 5357 for details.
$14 off if you pay before 6th February 2023
Here are the dates of the Your Private Practice Getting it Right Workshop for 2023
- ONLINE: 3 x 2-hour sessions (20th March, 27th March, 3rd April)
- ONLINE: 3 x 2-hour sessions (22nd August, 29th August, 5th September)
- SYDNEY: 25th Novemberr
Workshop numbers are limited.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to keep up-to-date with all of our events!