Your Own Private Midwifery Practice Getting it Right Seminar Adelaide
17th October 2019 at 9:00 am - 4:30 pm$210.00 – $250.00
This full day Private Midwifery Practice Adelaide seminar is aimed at midwives interested in setting up a private practice from scratch and midwives already in private practice. We will explore the nuts and bolts of setting a midwifery practice, skills needed for private practice, successful running of the practice, and planning for the future. You will take home a comprehensive resource portfolio to help you start and run a private midwifery practice.
A midwife in private practice is able to provide continuity of care to families through pregnancy, birth and the postnatal period. July 1st 2010 saw the advent of professional indemnity (PI) insurance for all midwifery services except homebirth. November 1st 2010 heralded the start of Medicare rebates for women choosing care from an eligible midwife who has a collaborative relationship with doctor/s.
While the new system is not perfect, midwives have an unprecedented opportunity to work in private practice providing one-to-one midwifery care to women and their families. Midwives can practice to the full scope of their skills in private midwifery practice and now be covered by PI insurance. Women benefit from continuity of midwifery care in the community and have the benefit of government funding for the service and/or access to health fund rebates.
Private Midwifery Practice Adelaide seminar will enable midwives to:
- Explore key aspects of setting up and running a midwifery practice
- Examine different models of private midwifery practice
- Explore midwifery business plan development
- Increase confidence in becoming a midwife in private practice
- Take home a comprehensive resource portfolio valuable for private midwifery practice
- Discover how to market your private midwifery practice
Continuing Professional Development Points
$250 – Includes lunch, refreshments, workshop folders and notes.
Student and group discounts available – please email or phone us on (02) 9630 5357 for details
$40 off if you pay before 10th August 2019
The following Your Own Private Midwifery Practice – Getting it Right Seminars have been scheduled for 2019
- Sydney: Tuesday 9th April
- Perth: Thursday 10th October
- Adelaide: Thursday 17th October
- Melbourne: Friday 18th October
- Brisbane: Thursday 24th October
- Sydney: Friday 13th December
Workshop numbers limited.