We have a big year planned. We are back offering workshops in Melbourne, Brisbane, and Sydney. Online options are also available. Book more than one workshop and receive a discount.
- Book 2 workshops and receive 10% off – Coupon Code: WSHOP2
- Book 3 workshops and receive 15% off – Coupon Code: WSHOP3
Vaginal Birth After Caesarean – Exploring the Possibilities Brisbane 2023
14th September 2023 at 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm$115.00 – $135.00
Vaginal Birth After Caesarean – Exploring the Possibilities workshop encourages creative thinking about VBAC. Supporting and encouraging VBAC is a requirement of the campaign to keep birth normal and avoid unnecessary repeat caesarean births. Women need excellent education about VBAC births. Also, midwives need good communication skills and appropriate labour support techniques to make VBAC a positive and achievable outcome.
During this program, culture and contemporary practices around these issues will be explored, including the opportunity to practice communication and labour support skills. This workshop will be an interactive program based on experiential learning principles.
Vaginal Birth After Caesarean – Exploring the Possibilities Workshop Brisbane Aims:
- To explore the issues of previous caesarean birth and its effects on labour.
- To examine and explore the culture of contemporary practice surrounding VBAC labours.
- To review current statistics and local practices around birth after caesarean.
- To develop practical strategies for managing these kinds of labours.
By the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Explain the effects of previous caesarean birth on subsequent labours.
- Discuss the culture of contemporary practice surrounding VBAC labours.
- Provide current statistics and describe local practices around birth after a caesarean.
- Develop practical strategies for managing these kinds of labours.
Continuing Professional Development Points
CPD Endorsed hours: 2.75
Download our full Vaginal Birth After Caesarean – Exploring the Possibilities Workshop program here FULL PROGRAM PDF
Learn more about our facilitator Lynne Staff.
The cost of Vaginal Birth After Caesarean – Exploring the Possibilities Workshop is $135. The price includes morning or afternoon tea. Student and group discounts are available – contact us for details by email or phone us on (02) 9630 5357 for more information.
The Early Bird discount is $115.00. Save $20 when you register early! Registrations must be paid for by the 3rd August 2023 to receive this discount.
Combine workshops to save even more.
Here are our dates of Vaginal Birth After Caesarean – Exploring the Possibilities Workshop for 2023
- Melbourne: Friday 25th August 2023
- Brisbane: Thursday 14th September 2023
- Sydney: Friday 1st December 2023
Workshop numbers are limited.
If your hospital or area health service wants to sponsor a program on this topic for the benefit of you and your colleagues, please direct them to this link, which contains information on how to set up in-service courses through Birth International.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to keep up-to-date with all of our events!
Please note that the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic may cause the workshop’s cancellation at the last minute. If this occurs, you will be given a full refund or transfer to another workshop (whichever you prefer). If travelling to the workshop, we recommend purchasing travel insurance to cover any out of pocket expenses. Please note that some venues may require a vaccination certificate.