We have a big year planned. We are back offering workshops in Melbourne, Brisbane, and Sydney. Online options are also available. Book more than one workshop and receive a discount.
- Book 2 workshops and receive 10% off – Coupon Code: WSHOP2
- Book 3 workshops and receive 15% off – Coupon Code: WSHOP3
Supporting OP Labour Melbourne
29th September 2021 at 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm$115.00 – $135.00
Our workshop Supporting OP Labour Melbourne Workshop explores this issue in detail, examines the culture of contemporary practice surrounding OP labours and helps you develop practical skills when caring for women experiencing OP labour.
When babies present in the occipital-posterior (OP) position, labour is usually longer, more painful and tiring, with women frequently opting for epidurals as a “way out”. Working with women to achieve a physiological birth is rewarding for women, and midwives. It supports women’s belief in their innate ability to give birth and reinforces the unique knowledge and skills that midwives have to support women and their partners to keep labour and birth normal and to avoid interventions.
Participants will engage in a number of practical skills, including language, positioning, rebozo, dance, movement, massage and counter-pressure.
Supporting OP Labour Melbourne Aims:
- To explore the issues of occipital-posterior labour and their effects on labour.
- To examine the culture of contemporary practice surrounding OP labours.
- To review current statistics and practices around when supporting a woman with a baby in the OP position.
- To develop practical strategies for caring for women experiencing OP labour.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Critically examine the context around OP including information given to women
- Collate a toolkit of practical labour and birth support strategies
- Develop effective communication skills to use with women and colleagues regarding OP labours
Continuing Professional Development Points
Download our full Supporting OP Labour Workshop Melbourne program here FULL PROGRAM PDF
Learn more about our facilitator Lynne Staff.
The cost of the Supporting OP Labour Workshop is $135. The price includes morning or afternoon tea, workshop folders and notes. Also, student and group discounts are available – contact us for details by email or phone us on (02) 9630 5357 for more information.
The early Birth discount is $115.00. Save $20 when you register early! Registrations must be paid for by the 4th of August 2021 to receive this discount.
Combine workshops to save even more.
Here are our dates of Supporting OP Labour Workshop for 2021
- Melbourne: Wednesday 29th September
- Brisbane: Thursday 11th November
- Sydney (you have the option to join via Zoom): Saturday 4th December
Workshop numbers are limited.
If your hospital or area health service wants to sponsor a program on this topic for the benefit of you and your colleagues, please direct them to this link, which contains information on how to set up in-service courses through Birth International.