We have a big year planned. We are back offering workshops in Melbourne, Brisbane, and Sydney. Online options are also available. Book more than one workshop and receive a discount.
- Book 2 workshops and receive 10% off – Coupon Code: WSHOP2
- Book 3 workshops and receive 15% off – Coupon Code: WSHOP3
- This event has passed.
Supporting OP Labour Brisbane
25th August 2022 at 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm$115.00 – $135.00
Our workshop Supporting OP Labour Workshop explores this issue in detail, examines the culture of contemporary practice surrounding OP labours and helps you develop practical skills when caring for women experiencing OP labour.
When babies present in the occipital-posterior (OP) position, labour is usually longer, more painful and tiring, with women frequently opting for epidurals as a “way out”. Working with women to achieve a physiological birth is rewarding for women, and midwives. It supports women’s belief in their innate ability to give birth and reinforces the unique knowledge and skills that midwives have to support women and their partners to keep labour and birth normal and to avoid interventions.
Participants will engage in a number of practical skills, including language, positioning, rebozo, dance, movement, massage and counter-pressure.
Supporting OP Labour Brisbane Aims:
- To explore the issues of occipital-posterior labour and their effects on labour.
- To examine the culture of contemporary practice surrounding OP labours.
- To review current statistics and practices around when supporting a woman with a baby in the OP position.
- To develop practical strategies for caring for women experiencing OP labour.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Critically examine the context around OP including information given to women
- Collate a toolkit of practical labour and birth support strategies
- Develop effective communication skills to use with women and colleagues regarding OP labours
Continuing Professional Development Points
CPD Endorsed hours: 3.25
Download our full Supporting OP Workshop program here FULL PROGRAM PDF
Learn more about our facilitator Lynne Staff.
The cost of the Supporting OP Labour Workshop is $135. The price includes morning or afternoon tea, workshop folders and notes. Also, student and group discounts are available – contact us for details by email or phone us on (02) 9630 5357 for more information.
The early Birth discount is $115.00. Save $20 when you register early! Registrations must be paid for by the 7th of July 2022 to receive this discount.
Combine workshops to save even more.
Here are our dates for Supporting OP Labour Workshop for 2022
- Brisbane: Thursday 25th August
- Melbourne: Thursday 1st December
- Sydney: Saturday 17th December
Workshop numbers are limited.
If your hospital or area health service wants to sponsor a program on this topic for the benefit of you and your colleagues, please direct them to this link, which contains information on how to set up in-service courses through Birth International.
Please note that the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic may cause the workshop’s cancellation at the last minute. If this occurs, you will be given a full refund or transfer to another workshop (whichever you prefer). If travelling to the workshop, we recommend purchasing travel insurance to cover any out of pocket expenses. Please note that some venues may require a vaccination certificate.