Postdates Pregnancy Workshop Brisbane
11th November 2021 at 9:00 am - 12:30 pm$115.00 – $135.00
The “due date” is a fundamental marker in a woman’s pregnancy and the significance of this date is enormous. It can define care options, determine women’s choices, shape the style of care they will receive, and impact birth outcomes for women and their babies.
Going past the due date can carry significant risks of intervention. Similarly when a woman is not physiologically or emotionally ready to birth, also predisposes her to interventions and her baby to require medicalised care. For midwives, keeping birth normal often means working around the “due date” with women and other care providers. In this face-to-face workshop, we develop a range of approaches and care plans that support normality in a risk-averse world.
Postdates Pregnancy Workshop Brisbane Aims:
- To explore the concepts of “prolonged pregnancy”, including “due date”, “postdates”, “post-term” and their implications for women and midwives.
- To examine the research evidence that supports and challenges these concepts.
- To consider the practical strategies around expectant care and induction of labour.
By the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe the implications of constructing finite time frames for the length of pregnancy.
- Define and differentiate between the constructs of “prolonged pregnancy”, including “due date”, “postdates”, “post-term”.
- Identify skills for use when women anxious about being “overdue”.
- Examine the evidence provided by contemporary research and its implications for the care of women experiencing pregnancy that is “prolonged”, “postdates”, or “post-term”.
- Explore communication strategies to facilitate informed decision-making.
- Provide examples of the best care for women who choose expectant care.
Continuing Professional Development Points
Download our full Postdates Pregnancy Workshop program here FULL PROGRAM PDF
Learn more about our facilitator Lynne Staff.
The cost of the Postdates Pregnancy Workshop is $135. The price includes morning or afternoon tea, workshop folders and notes. Also, student and group discounts are available – contact us for details by email or phone us on (02) 9630 5357 for more information.
The early Birth discount is $115.00. Save $20 when you register early! Registrations must be paid for by the 23rd of September 2021 to receive this discount.
Combine workshops to save even more.
Here are our dates of Postdates Pregnancy Workshop for 2021
- Sydney (you have the option to join via Zoom): Saturday 31st July
- Melbourne: Wednesday 29th September
- Brisbane: Thursday 11th November
Workshop numbers limited.
If your hospital or area health service wants to sponsor a program on this topic for the benefit of you and your colleagues, please direct them to this link, which contains information on how to set up in-service courses through Birth International.