We have a big year planned. We are back offering workshops in Melbourne, Brisbane, and Sydney. Online options are also available. Book more than one workshop and receive a discount.
- Book 2 workshops and receive 10% off – Coupon Code: WSHOP2
- Book 3 workshops and receive 15% off – Coupon Code: WSHOP3
Postdates Pregnancy Sydney 2023
2nd December 2023 at 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm$75.00 – $135.00
The “due date” is a fundamental marker in a woman’s pregnancy and the significance of this date is enormous. It can define care options, determine women’s choices, shape the style of care they will receive, and impact birth outcomes for women and their babies.
Going past the due date can carry significant risks of intervention. Similarly when a woman is not physiologically or emotionally ready to birth, also predisposes her to interventions and her baby to require medicalised care. For midwives, keeping birth normal often means working around the “due date” with women and other care providers. In this face-to-face workshop, we develop a range of approaches and care plans that support normality in a risk-averse world.
Postdates Pregnancy Workshop Sydney Aims:
- To explore the concepts of “prolonged pregnancy”, including “due date”, “postdates”, “post-term” and their implications for women and midwives.
- To examine the research evidence that supports and challenges these concepts.
- To consider the practical strategies around expectant care and induction of labour.
By the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe the implications of constructing finite time frames for the length of pregnancy.
- Define and differentiate between the constructs of “prolonged pregnancy”, including “due date”, “postdates”, “post-term”.
- Identify skills for use when women anxious about being “overdue”.
- Examine the evidence provided by contemporary research and its implications for the care of women experiencing pregnancy that is “prolonged”, “postdates”, or “post-term”.
- Explore communication strategies to facilitate informed decision-making.
- Provide examples of the best care for women who choose expectant care.
Continuing Professional Development Points
CPD Endorsed hours: 3
Download our full Postdates Pregnancy Workshop program here FULL PROGRAM PDF
Learn more about our facilitator Lynne Staff.
The cost of the Postdates Pregnancy Workshop is $135. The price includes morning or afternoon tea. Student and group discounts are available – contact us for details by email or phone us on (02) 9630 5357 for more information.
The early bird discount is $115.00. Save $20 when you register early! Registrations must be paid for by the 21st October 2023 to receive this discount.
Combine workshops to save even more.
Here are our dates for Postdates Pregnancy Workshop for 2023
- Melbourne: Saturday 26th August 2023
- Brisbane: Friday 15th September 2023
- Sydney: Saturday 2nd December 2023
Workshop numbers are limited.
If your hospital or area health service wants to sponsor a program on this topic for the benefit of you and your colleagues, please direct them to this link, which contains information on how to set up in-service courses through Birth International.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to keep up-to-date with all of our events!
Please note that the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic may cause the workshop’s cancellation at the last minute. If this occurs, you will be given a full refund or transfer to another workshop (whichever you prefer). If travelling to the workshop, we recommend purchasing travel insurance to cover any out of pocket expenses. Please note that some venues may require a vaccination certificate.