We have a big year planned. We are back offering workshops in Melbourne, Brisbane, and Sydney. Online options are also available. Book more than one workshop and receive a discount.
- Book 2 workshops and receive 10% off – Coupon Code: WSHOP2
- Book 3 workshops and receive 15% off – Coupon Code: WSHOP3
Introduction to Active Birth Workshop Sydney 2024
6th December 2024 at 9:00 am - 4:30 pm$140.00 – $250.00
The Introduction to Active Birth Workshop is a comprehensive workshop that empowers health professionals with skills to help women achieve normal physical birth.
Empowering midwives to empower women
One of the greatest pleasures for midwives is helping a woman through normal, physical birth. To help a woman in this way requires skills, patience, and trust in the natural birth process. Midwives know the dangers of intervening with the body’s natural processes. Women may lack confidence and feel anxious about delivering babies safely and the pain of labour. Women demand epidurals, elective caesareans, and inductions, believing these are safe for themselves and their babies. Midwives caught up in the politics of maternity care often feel powerless to change this situation, yet there is much they can do.
If you haven’t attended one of these workshops, here’s your chance to get a great introduction to active birth. If you have attended in the past, is it time you updated? Do you need to be encouraged and inspired? You can discover tools that will empower you to empower the women in your care, including:
- Practical skills to help women achieve normal, physical births
- Improve skills and add new, helpful support techniques for labour
- Implementing active birth strategies in your workplace
Introduction to Active Birth Workshop aims:
This is a one-day experiential learning workshop (6.5 contact hours) for health professionals working with expectant parents: childbirth educators, midwives, doulas, physiotherapists, doctors, and nurses.
- Review the rationale behind “active birth”.
- Explore the role of professional caregivers in assisting women in having physiologic birth.
- Discuss ways of empowering women and caregivers to achieve desired birth outcomes.
By the conclusion of this Introduction to Active Birth, participants will have:
- Reviewed the normal physiologic process of birth.
- Explored appropriate, practical teaching strategies for increasing expectant parents’ confidence in giving birth physiologically.
- Practised various self-help techniques and positions for labour and birth designed to enhance normal physiology during parturition.
- Viewed visual aids and videos and discussed teaching strategies for antenatal and birth education of expectant parents.
- Explored strategies for introducing physiologic birth management into hospitals and prenatal classes.
Continuing Professional Development Points
CPD Endorsed hours: 6.5
Introduction to Active Birth Sydney – complete program PDF
The Introduction to Active Birth Workshop Sydney 2024 costs $250. This includes morning tea, afternoon tea, workshop folders and notes. In addition, student and group discounts are available – contact us for details by email or phone at (02) 9630 5357.
The Early Bird ticket is $210.00. Save $40 when you register early! Registrations must be paid for by the 25th of October 2024 to receive this discount.
Because our Introduction to Active Birth Workshops are popular, we are sharing the dates for 2024
- Brisbane: TBA
- Sydney: Friday 6th December 2024
- Melbourne: TBA
So as you know, the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic may cause the workshop’s cancellation at the last minute. If this occurs, you will be given a full refund or transfer to another workshop (whichever you prefer). If travelling to the workshop, we recommend purchasing travel insurance to cover out-of-pocket expenses. So as you know, some venues may require a vaccination certificate.
Workshop numbers limited