Introduction to Active Birth Brisbane December 2021
2nd December 2021 at 9:30 am - 4:30 pm$210.00
Introduction to Active Birth Brisbane December 2021 is a one day workshop aims to empower health professionals with skills to help women achieve a normal physiological birth.
One of the greatest pleasures for midwives is being able to assist a woman through normal, physiological birth. To help a woman in this way requires skills, patience, and trust in the natural birth process. Although midwives recognise the dangers inherent in tampering with normal physiology, we live in a society where women have little trust that their bodies are capable of giving birth safely, and fear pain in labour. Women are demanding epidurals, elective caesareans, and inductions, believing these are safe for themselves and their babies. Midwives caught up in the politics of maternity care, often feel powerless to change this situation yet there is much they can do.
If you haven’t been to one of these workshops before, here’s your chance to get a great introduction to active birth. If you have attended in the past, is it time you updated? Do you need to be re-inspired and re-motivated? You can discover tools that will empower you to empower the women in your care including:
- Practical skills to help women achieve normal, physiological births
- Improve skills and add new useful support techniques for labour
- Implementing active birth strategies in your workplace
Empowering midwives to empower women
Tip: Do not use Internet Explorer to book tickets (Firefox, Chrome, and Microsoft Edge work well).
Introduction to Active Birth Brisbane December 2021 aims:
This is a one-day experiential learning workshop (6.5 contact hours) for health professionals working with expectant parents: childbirth educators, midwives, doulas, physiotherapists, doctors, nurses.
- To review the rationale behind “active birth”.
- To explore the role of professional caregivers in assisting women to have physiologic birth.
- To discuss ways of empowering women and caregivers to achieve desired birth outcomes.
By the conclusion of this introduction to Introduction to Active Birth Brisbane December 2021, participants will have:
- Reviewed the normal physiologic process of birth.
- Explored appropriate, practical teaching strategies for increasing the confidence of expectant parents in being able to give birth physiologically.
- Practised a variety of self-help techniques and positions for labour and birth designed to enhance normal physiology during parturition.
- Viewed visual aids, videos, and discussed teaching strategies for antenatal and intranatal education of expectant parents.
- Explored strategies for introducing physiologic birth management into hospitals and prenatal classes.
Continuing Professional Development Points
Introduction to Active Birth Sydney – full program PDF
The cost for Introduction to Active Birth Brisbane is $250. This includes morning tea, afternoon tea, workshop folders and notes. In addition, student and group discounts are available – contact us for details by email or phone us on (02) 9630 5357 for details. Early Birth discount is $210.00.
Save $40 when you register early! Registrations must be paid for by the 14th October 2021 receive this discount.
Here are Introduction to Active Birth Dates for 2021
- Sydney: Tuesday 13th April
- Melbourne: Thursday 18th November
- Brisbane: Thursday 2nd December
Workshop numbers limited