Introduction to Active Birth Brisbane
25th October 2019 at 9:00 am - 4:30 pm$210.00 – $250.00
Introduction to Active Birth Brisbane is a one day workshop aims to empower health professionals with skills to help women achieve a normal physiological birth.
One of the greatest pleasures for midwives is being able to assist a woman through a normal, physiological birth. To help a woman in this way requires skills, patience and trust in the natural birth process. Although midwives recognise the dangers inherent in tampering with normal physiology, we live in a society where women have little trust that their bodies are capable of giving birth safely, and fear pain in labour. Women are demanding epidurals, elective caesareans and inductions, believing these are safe for themselves and their babies. Midwives, caught up in the politics of maternity care, often feel powerless to change this situation yet there is much they can do.
If you haven’t been to one of these workshops before, here’s your chance to get a great introduction to active birth. If you have attended in the past, is it time you updated? Do you need to be re-inspired and re-motivated? You can discover tools that will empower you to empower the women in your care including:
- Practical skills to help women achieve normal, physiological births
- Improve skills and add new useful support techniques for labour
- Implementing active birth strategies in your workplace
Empowering midwives to empower women
Introduction to Active Birth Brisbane Workshop aims:
This is a one day experiential learning workshop (6.5 contact hours) for health professionals working with expectant parents: childbirth educators, midwives, doulas, physiotherapists, doctors, nurses.
- To review the rationale behind “active birth”.
- To explore the role of professional caregivers in assisting women have physiologic birth.
- To discuss ways of empowering women and caregivers to achieve desired birth outcomes.
By the conclusion of this introduction to active birth Brisbane workshop, participants will have:
- Reviewed the normal physiologic process of birth.
- Explored appropriate, practical teaching strategies for increasing the confidence of expectant parents in being able to give birth physiologically.
- Practised a variety of self-help techniques and positions for labour and birth designed to enhance normal physiology during parturition.
- Viewed visual aids, videos and discussed teaching strategies for prenatal and intranatal education of expectant parents.
- Explored strategies for introducing physiologic birth management into hospitals and prenatal classes.
Continuing Professional Development Points
Introduction to Active Birth Brisbane 2019 – full program PDF
$250.00 – Includes lunch, refreshments, workshop folders and notes
Student and group discounts available (contact us for details)
Save $40 when you register early! Registrations must be paid for by the 15th August 2019 receive this discount.
The following Introduction to Active Birth Workshops have been scheduled for 2019
- Sydney: Thursday 23rd May
- Brisbane: Friday 25th October
Workshop numbers limited