Healing Birth Trauma Brisbane 2024
8th July 2024 at 9:00 am - 4:30 pm$210.00 – $250.00
The Healing Birth Trauma Brisbane 2024 Workshop is a must-attend event for all midwives. The unpredictable nature of birth can be viewed as a challenge or an adventure. Most women will fantasise or imagine how they would like this defining experience to unfold and hope for a positive, fulfilling outcome. Sadly, circumstances rarely match these expectations. Many women (and their partners) can be bruised physically and mentally, with post-traumatic stress a common outcome.
Many events in a woman’s life can sow seeds for this. Understanding how a woman defines trauma and a traumatic birth is essential for midwives to develop strategies and skills when supporting women who have been traumatized by birth or by trauma that affects birth. Additionally, supporting women through subsequent births that enables healing and resolution of past traumas is vitally important for mothers and their family’s health and can also be incredibly satisfying for midwives.
This workshop will explore these crucial issues and develop practical tools to help women give birth in all settings.
Healing Birth Trauma 2024 Brisbane Aims:
- Identify the scope of birth traumas that women may experience.
- Explore factors that might contribute to the development of women’s traumatic birth experiences.
- Examine the consequences of poor birth outcomes on women, their partners and their families.
- Develop strategies for supporting women with existing trauma that may minimise or resolve trauma in the future.
- Explore the impact of working with traumatised women on midwives and their approach to care.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the forms that birth trauma may take
- Identify the factors that may lead to a traumatic birth outcome for women and their partners
- Describe the consequences of poor birth outcomes on women and their future functioning
- Identify behavioural and verbal cues that may indicate previously undisclosed trauma
- Demonstrate specific strategies for providing appropriate physical and emotional support for traumatised women during pregnancy, labour, birth and postpartum.
- Identify personal reactions and responses that you may experience from working with traumatised women through the childbearing year.
- List support services that are available to women and themselves as midwives.
Continuing Professional Development Points
CPD Endorsed hours: 6.5
Download our full Healing Birth Trauma Workshop program here FULL PROGRAM PDF
Learn more about our facilitator Lynne Staff.
The cost of the Healing Birth Trauma Workshop is $250.00. The price includes morning and afternoon tea. Student and group discounts are available – contact us for details by email or phone us on (02) 9630 5357 for more information.
The Early Bird discounted ticket is $210.00. Save $40 when you register early! Registrations must be paid for by the 27th of May 2024 to receive this discount.
Combine workshops to save even more.
Here are the dates for the Healing Birth Trauma Workshop for 2024
- Melbourne: Tuesday 12th March 2024
- Brisbane: Monday 8th July 2024
- Sydney: Wednesday 18th September 2024
Workshop numbers are limited.
If your hospital or area health service wants to sponsor a program on this topic for the benefit of you and your colleagues, please email or phone us on (02) 9630 5357 for information on how to set up in-service courses through Birth International.
Please note that the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic may cause the workshop’s cancellation at the last minute. If this occurs, you will be given a full refund or transfer to another workshop (whichever you prefer). If travelling to the workshop, we recommend purchasing travel insurance to cover any out of pocket expenses. Please note that some venues may require a vaccination certificate.