We have a big year planned. We are back offering workshops in Melbourne, Brisbane, and Sydney. Online options are also available. Book more than one workshop and receive a discount.
- Book 2 workshops and receive 10% off – Coupon Code: WSHOP2
- Book 3 workshops and receive 15% off – Coupon Code: WSHOP3
Active Birth Two Day Workshop Sydney 2024
22nd June 2024 at 9:00 am - 23rd June 2024 at 4:30 pm$265.00 – $450.00
The Active Birth Two-Day Workshop Sydney 2024 is a comprehensive workshop that empowers health professionals with skills to help women achieve normal physiological birth.
Empowering midwives to empower women
One of the greatest pleasures for midwives is assisting a woman through physiological birth. Furthermore, helping a woman this way requires skills, patience and trust in the natural birth process. Midwives recognise the dangers inherent in tampering with normal physiology. However, we live in a society where women have little trust that their bodies can give birth safely. As a result, there is a great fear of pain in labour. Furthermore, women are demanding epidurals, elective caesareans and inductions because they believe these interventions are safe for themselves and their babies. Consequently, midwives caught up in the politics of maternity care often feel powerless to change this situation, yet there is much they can do.
If you haven’t attended one of these workshops, here’s your chance. If you have attended in the past, is it time you updated? Do you need to be re-inspired and re-motivated? Most importantly, you can discover tools that will empower you to empower the women in your care. If you attend, you will:
- Learn more about women’s physiology and how it works during labour.
- Find out how to support and protect women so they can labour instinctively.
- Learn how to motivate and encourage women to trust the birth process.
- See how to assist women in giving birth in various upright positions and off the bed.
- Learn how to use effective non-drug forms of pain relief as alternatives to epidurals.
- Develop strategies for implementing these ideas in hospital settings.
The Active Birth Two-Day Workshop Sydney offers 12.5 contact hours. Perfect for health professionals working with expectant parents. Therefore is perfect for childbirth educators, midwives, doulas, physiotherapists, doctors, and nurses. Our workshop aims to:
- Review the rationale behind “active birth”.
- Explore the role of professional caregivers in assisting women in having physiologic birth.
- Discuss ways of empowering women and caregivers to achieve desired birth outcomes.
As a result of attending the Active Birth Two Day Workshop Sydney 2024 participants will have:
- Reviewed the normal physiologic process of birth.
- Explored appropriate, practical teaching strategies. Therefore for increasing the confidence of expectant parents in being able to give birth physiologically.
- Practiced a variety of self-help techniques and positions for labour and birth. Above all designed to enhance normal physiology during parturition.
- Viewed visual aids and videos. In addition, exploring teaching strategies for pregnancy and birth education of expectant parents.
- Discovered strategies for introducing physiologic birth management into hospitals and prenatal classes.
Continuing Professional Development Points
CPD Endorsed hours: 13
Active Birth Outline – full program PDF
The cost of the Active Birth Two Day Workshop Sydney 2024 is $450. This includes morning tea, afternoon tea, workshop folders and notes. In addition, student and group discounts are available – contact us for details by email or phone us on (02) 9630 5357 for details.
The Early Bird ticket is $400.00. Save $50 when you register early! Registrations must be paid for by the 11th of May 2024 to receive this discount.
Because our Active Birth Two Day Workshops are popular we are sharing the dates for 2024
- Brisbane: TBA
- Sydney: Saturday 22nd to Sunday 23rd of June 2024
- Melbourne: TBA
Please note that the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic may cause the workshop’s cancellation at the last minute. If this occurs, you will be given a full refund or transfer to another workshop (whichever you prefer). If travelling to the workshop, we recommend purchasing travel insurance to cover any out of pocket expenses. Please note that some venues may require a vaccination certificate.
Workshop numbers limited