We have a big year planned. We are back offering workshops in Melbourne, Brisbane, and Sydney. Online options are also available. Book more than one workshop and receive a discount.
- Book 2 workshops and receive 10% off – Coupon Code: WSHOP2
- Book 3 workshops and receive 15% off – Coupon Code: WSHOP3
Active Birth Two Day Workshop Sydney
14th December 2020 at 9:00 am - 15th December 2020 at 4:30 pm$150.00 – $450.00
Active Birth Two Day Workshop Sydney is a comprehensive workshop aiming to empower health professionals with skills to help women achieve a normal physiological birth.
Empowering midwives to empower women
One of the greatest pleasures for midwives is being able to assist a woman through physiological birth. Furthermore helping a woman in this way requires skills, patience and trust in the natural birth process. Midwives recognise the dangers inherent in tampering with normal physiology. However, we live in a society where women have little trust that their bodies are capable of giving birth safely. As a result, there is a great fear of pain in labour. Furthermore, women are demanding epidurals, elective caesareans and inductions. Due to the belief that these interventions are safe for themselves and their babies. Consequently, midwives caught up in the politics of maternity care, often feel powerless to change this situation yet there is much they can do.
If you haven’t been to one of these workshops before, here’s your chance. If you have attended in the past, is it time you updated? Do you need to be re-inspired and re-motivated? Most importantly you can discover tools that will empower you to empower the women in your care. If you attend you will:
- Learn more about women’s physiology and how it works during labour.
- Find out how you can support and protect women so they can labour instinctively.
- Learn how to motivate and encourage women to trust the birth process.
- See how to assist women in giving birth in various upright positions and off the bed.
- Learn how to use effective non-drug forms of pain relief, as alternatives to epidurals.
- Develop strategies for implementing these ideas in hospital settings.
Our ActiveBirth Two Day Workshop Sydney offers 12.5 contact hours. Perfect for health professionals working with expectant parents. Therefore is perfect for childbirth educators, midwives, doulas, physiotherapists, doctors, nurses. Our workshop aims to:
- Review the rationale behind “active birth”.
- Explore the role of professional caregivers in assisting women to have physiologic birth.
- Discuss ways of empowering women and caregivers to achieve desired birth outcomes.
As a result of attending the ActiveBirth Two Day Workshop Sydney participants will have:
- Reviewed the normal physiologic process of birth.
- Explored appropriate, practical teaching strategies. Therefore for increasing the confidence of expectant parents in being able to give birth physiologically.
- Practised a variety of self-help techniques and positions for labour and birth. Above all designed to enhance normal physiology during parturition.
- Viewed visual aids and videos. In addition, exploring teaching strategies for pregnancy and birth education of expectant parents.
- Discovered strategies for introducing physiologic birth management into hospitals and prenatal classes.
Continuing Professional Development Points
Active Birth Outline 2020 – full program PDF
The cost of ActiveBirth Two Day Workshop is $450. This includes morning tea, afternoon tea, workshop folders and notes. In addition, student and group discounts are available. For further information please email or phone us on (02) 9630 5357 for details.
Save $40 when you register early! Registrations must be paid for by the 30th October 2020 receive this discount.
Because our ActiveBirth Two Day Workshops are popular we have shared dates for 2020
- Sydney: Monday 14th December and Tuesday 15th December
Workshop numbers limited